Thursday, February 10, 2011

I hate answering the phone...

I'm not a fan of the telephone. I'm not sure why. I can talk up a storm in person. But chatting on the phone? Hate it. If the phone rings at work and I don't recognize the number, the chances are good I haven't a clue who's on the other line. There's also a high probability that the person has been routed and rerouted a dozen times before landing at my telephonic doorstep and is angry. This morning, I threw caution to the wind and picked up the phone.

Him: Hello, I need to know the statute of limitations for a civil action in Pennsylvania. Is it two years or three?

Me: Well, it depends, but I can't answer that question because I'm not permitted to provide you legal advice.

Him: It's not legal advice. It's an administrative question.

Me: Yes, it does constitute legal advice.

Him: You're fucking stupid.


Good luck getting the answer to that "administrative question," buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment